Friday, March 26, 2010

No Goodbyes - just lots of "See Ya Later's"!

So, not too much new to update since last time. We are still waiting for the RIGHT home buyer to come along and fall in love with our place. We've been lucky to have good traffic coming through - which has been encouraging. The hard and frustrating part is that we've had a few 2nd showings, and one couple that actually wrote up an offer and then decided last-minute not to submit it. I remind Dan (and myself) that everything happens for a reason. Maybe we are actually lucky that they bailed then rather than far down the path of negotiations or inspections, you know? But we are really hoping for the best - and soon. Seriously you have no idea how hard it is to keep your house in such pristine condition!! Makes me want to strangle someone with a sponge mop.

Anyway, Dan and I are spending next week finishing up our jobs and packing up. Lots of people to say "see ya later" to as well. I don't like goodbyes since they seem so final!! I'm not looking forward to that part because it's so hard. We don't have any family here, so a lot of our friends have become like family. Plus, going through this sort of thing before, it's usually around this time that you start questioning the decision to move - even though you know it's the right thing.

So, lots of tears and hugs, but also excitement to see what the next chapter of life will bring! And if I don't get the chance to see you before we leave, we'll see ya later!!!

1 comment:

  1. good luck in your new adventure! you'll have to post what DE is like!

    ReplyDelete