Friday, March 19, 2010

Ending one chapter, starting another!

Hi everyone -

Sorry I've been a slacker in keeping this updated, but things here have been more than crazy to say the least!! Actually more like life-changing. Which is exciting and scary as hell all at the same time!

To sum it up in a nutshell, we are packing up and moving to Delaware on April 3. I know, what you are thinking - "Dela-where?!" I have to say that I never thought in a million years that I would end up living there, but everything aligned and it looks like this will be what's best for us and our family. Dan loved growing up there, and we want our kids to have a great childhood as well. It's funny because being from New England, I think that Delaware is "south" and that I'm becoming a "southerner." Which Dan likes to correct me and say we aren't going to be southerners, but mid-Atlanticers. Okkkkk people down there still have an accent and love NASCAR so whatever. In my book, anything below Jersey is the south.

On top of moving, I've accepted a great new job offer down there which I am really excited about. It's providing me with the opportunity to work on the client-side of marketing vs. the agency side (which I've done for the past 10 years). The only down-fall is that I now have to dress more corporate for work - and say goodbye to my endless supply of designer "work jeans" (tear). Oh well, I guess it's finally time to grow up and dress like a real businesswoman. I guess it gives me a great excuse to go shopping!! Anyway, Dan is getting transferred to the Philly Sports Clubs - so he can continue to do the job he loves for the same company.

So, I went in and gave my 2 weeks' notice on Monday at work and my last day is on March 29th. We are going to spend the rest of that week packing and then are moving on April 3rd. Everyone keeps asking us if we sold the condo, and the answer unfortunately is no : ( We've had some great traffic coming through, but so far no bites. This is the one last piece of the puzzle that we need to resolve. In the meantime, we are going to rent a townhouse down in DE while we look to buy a house. We aren't in a rush - especially since we need to sell this condo first. But everything was set into motion for our move by our new jobs down there starting on April 12th.

And so the craziness continues as on top of getting ready for the move, Dylan came down with his first cold. He had a fever of 101 yesterday and we took him to see the doctor. Of course they said it was just a common cold and to give him Tylenol but it breaks my heart to see my little guy sick!! He already seems like he's doing a little better today. Oh yea, and on top of all that, our fridge broke. We paid a repairman $75 to come and tell us that we need to buy a new one! So that was great. AND on top of all that going on, we have to buy a new fridge, moving companies coming at various times to give us quotes, and I have to do a variety of drug tests and fingerprinting for my new job. So I guess we are beyond craziness at this point.

Anyway, I will try to be better at keeping this updated as things progress!! xoxox

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you - Delaware is SO south! You will love it, though! I'm sure you will! I know I loved Oklahoma back when I lived there and they are 'really' south! LOL! Congratulations on the new job! That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all parts! Very exciting! What will your job entail now that is different from your current job? Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys have been crazy busy. I am excited to hear what part of Delaware you'll be living in. And we definitely do not consider ourselves southerners. Do we really have accents? Of course, us Marylanders may be somewhat hick. :) Get in touch with us when you come down!

    ReplyDelete