Ok so I've been meaning to update this for the longest time now. And who's the dummy who decided to start a blog when I only had about one week left after having 3 months off?! No one told me life would get this crazy once I went back to work, but I guess that we kind of did it to ourselves. Oh well, that's life I guess.
So needless to say, a ton has been going on here - more than I could possibly write. But I went back to work last week after having about 3 months off. It was so great to be able to spend that time with my son - especially the last month or so. So you can imagine how it was such a rude awakening to be thrown back into the thick of things. It was so hard leaving my little guy (and best shopping buddy) after spending every waking day with him for the past 3 months! I've never wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, but last week I wanted to. I never thought it would be that hard to leave him. I basically went home every night after work, cried and begged Dan to let me quit my job! (although that that will never happen thanks to a mortgage and student loans) Needless to say, I am lucky to have a job and every day has gotten a little bit easier. I still hate the fact that I get to see him for about an hour a day and it's usually during his "crankypants time" - lucky me!
On top of going back to work, we decided that it was finally the right time to put our condo up on the market. We originally bought our place thinking we'd be there for 2 years tops, and then with the money we make off the sale, be able to buy a nice single family home. So here we are 5 years later thanks to the economy tanking and we are still going to lose money on it. Just hoping to lose less. I guess hindsight is 20/20 because no one really saw this coming. We saw a few comparable condos on the market at the price we wanted to sell for (of course we think our condo is better than those), so it will officially be listed as of Friday, 2/26. But now we have the "fun" of going through the list of fixes and things that need to be done before then! Not to mention the cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning that should be done. Not that my house is dirty in general, but there's always something that could be cleaned. And especially having pets - gotta love the endless supply of hair!
Anyway, we are really hoping that the right buyer comes along and that the $8K tax credit will help. We always say that someone like us 5 years ago will come along and fall in love with the place just like we did. But I guess we'll have to wait and see!
That's it for now. More later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment